Explanation (Updated)

Almost 130 of you read my cathartic post about current stresses with D and our friendship. Many of you reached out to me with messages of love and support. But I am certainly not without my own mistakes. The biggest one I've made in my friendship with D so far was writing and posting that blog. I have taken that post down because some things are more important than drama blogs.

D and I have talked, and things are back where they should be, in the comfortable realm of good friends who truly care for each other. I've agreed to be better about my communicating; I am someone who tends to bottle up pain, hurt, and frustration rather than talk about it, and that is no way to handle any kind of interpersonal relationship. I have found D to be an excellent and open listener: he doesn't jump to defenses, he hears me out, asks good questions, and sorts through what I have to say in a fair way while remaining calm. It will be a struggle for me to be what I perceive as confrontational, but I do know in the end it will save a lot of pain and suffering for both of us.

This is also most likely the last time I will write about D. Unless something truly odd and unexpected happens, he is a friend. A good friend. One of my best friends. But, he is no longer fodder for my blog-o-drama. Back in May/June he was, but he and our connection has moved beyond that.

I do want to share with you, though, an article/blog I found on another site via a Facebook friend posting and sharing it. Many of the things the author says hit very close to home for me, as I am continuing to make adjustments in my friendship with D, how I handle that gift, and what happened that got us to this pain - what did I do, that is. Many of the things the author says are not applicable to my situation. However, I do know that I have friends and followers of this blog who are in similar friendships/relationships. Take much of what this author says to heart, and if nothing else, realize you and I are not alone in all this.

You will find the blog/article here: The New Side Chick

In the meantime, it's time for another hiatus. When I'm ready to return to dating (inevitably Match), you will know, and the drama will continue. But right now, I'm very happy to be single.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

It's Getting Cloooooser....