Well, Why Not?

I rejoined Match again today. I mean, why not? I'm ready to move on, meet new people. So, I updated and reactivated my profile and here we are.

Online dating isn't for everyone. My success with Match has been hit and miss -- granted, more miss than hit, but it would be that way no matter what site I'm on. Otherwise, where else am I going to meet a potential date? I'm not a club/bar kind of girl, so my other options are basically work and church.

Church. When you are a church employee, dating your members isn't exactly encouraged. That is, presuming there is anyone to date. My current church is smallish and in a neighborhood of families. Single men rarely walk through our doors.

Work. I have two jobs. The first, my full time job, has me working in a limited circle of associates, most of whom are female. My other non-church job introduces me to plenty of single men -- who are generally young enough to be my son. I've done the cougar thing before, and it's not my cup of tea (although a few of these guys would make me reconsider that, at least for some "short term companionship").

So we're back to online. On Match in the past, I dated a man who was separated who ultimately went back to his wife… I met D and we all know what happened there… I dated a man who taught me a lot about myself and sexual consent… I met a lot of nice guys who I just didn't feel a spark with… I've had a few dates that have been quite the hilarious fodder for this blog… so what will this next round bring?

Who knows? I've got a 3 month subscription. As I told a girlfriend, let the drama begin!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

What Fools Us Mortals Be