Two Weeks

Shortly after I blogged this morning, my friend L called me.  She's the one who introduced me and the ex, and she is getting married in two weeks.  I am the musician for her wedding, playing both the ceremony and the British High Tea reception.

The reason she called was because they'd gotten their final count in for guests.  They'd had a hard time keeping it under the number the chapel could actually seat, but in the end they ended up with some open seats.  So, they decided they would invite some of the friends who didn't make the first list, mostly because they were local and could celebrate with them any time.

One of the people they want to invite is the ex.  However, and this was really quite sweet of them, they wanted to make sure that I would be okay with that.  Would having him there make me nervous or bother me?  Would it affect my ability to play or something like that?  Because if it would, they wouldn't invite him.

I assured her that I would be just fine if he was there, and encouraged her to invite him.  Honestly, that is how I feel.  It will be nice to see him, and since I'll be sitting at a piano the entire time, it isn't like we'll be awkwardly mingling in the same reception, possibly trying to avoid each other.  The conversation was brief as she was running in to teach a class -- I could hear her short of breath as we were talking -- so I followed up with a text that said, in essence, that I was actually somewhat excited about possibly seeing him, don't fret about me.  I further said I couldn't speak for him if he'd even accept the invite, but if he asks, it is fine to tell him I'm really quite fine with it.

He and I are communicating, although it isn't to the level of "good friends" yet.  Totally understandable. We've both said that we'd like to reconnect -- at some point.  He even said "soon," but what does "soon" really mean?  Semantics, semantics.  I don't think he'll decline the invite simply because I'm involved in the wedding, but that decision is his alone.  And if he asks me about the wedding, I'll say something like "L called me and I said it would be nice to see you if you are able to attend."

The past couple of weeks, I have been getting increasing comments about how "good" I'm looking from friends and even the occasional relative stranger.  I've lost weight -- around 10-15 pounds since the ex last saw me -- and I feel good.  I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing, see if more weight will come off (I'm 22 pounds, roughly, from my goal weight that I've been working 3.5 years on), and be the *cough* "hot" chick I am.  If he's there, great.  If he's not, maybe I'll meet someone else who appreciates what he sees.

Assuming I'm ready to go back on the market, that is.

Regardless, I'll be looking gooooood.  Mark your calendars: May 19.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....