What in the Actual What

Welcome back, sports fans! In our last episode, we found out:

1. I had been dumped
2. MG (Match Guy) had started texting again
3. LAE (Long-Ago Ex) wanted to hook up

Well, I’m still dumped. Nothing has changed there. And, I haven’t taken LAE up on his offer. That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, we’re going behind Door #2 tonight!

At some point over the past 7 weeks, MG de-friended me on Facebook. I asked him about it, and he said he was thinking of getting rid of it or only having family, and couldn’t remember when he removed me. Fair enough; social media is actually part of what he does and as a result he is extremely private for his personal stuff: rarely posts, very few pics of himself, none of family, incorrect location, etc. I long ago got over being de-friended, and can you really blame someone who is so private for removing a woman he’d only gone on two dates with?

The point of this, though, is that he had ZERO idea that I had been in a relationship or that I had been dumped not even 48 hours prior to his texting. His reaching out to me was purely coincidental.

Cue the theme from “The Twilight Zone”...

So we’d texted much of Saturday, and much of Sunday. When I last posted, we had agreed on “lunch sometime this week”. Well, we’re still doing that — on Thursday. But we’ve met up again already. We met yesterday for coffee and sweets. After working overtime and having 10 concerts in 6 days, I took Monday off. So naturally my plan of sleeping in was derailed by his texting. And texting. And texting. Ultimately, he wanted to see me that. day. and I was fine with obliging. After all, I didn't have any other plans other than happy hour with friends. It was an enjoyable 2+ hours and ended with a nice little kiss. He also continues to blow up my phone with texts.

But I’ve learned something about him that is... odd.

I think he has a slight fetish. Two, actually. He likes round, ample bellies (he thinks mine is “too small”), and he likes to watch me eat.

The point of meeting up for sweets was, yes, to see each other again, but also because he wanted to buy me and watch me eat some decadent desserts. Now as of late my appetite hasn’t been great, and I’ve been on-and-off trying to lose weight anyway. We met up at 1:00 and I hadn’t eaten anything. He insisted on “at least 3” sweets, and proceeded to buy me a piece of carrot cake roughly the size of Montana, a Three Berry danish about the size of a semi truck tire, and I got to pick the third, so I went with a small brownie bite thing.

I could’ve stopped and been plenty happy halfway through the carrot cake, but he wasn’t going to stand for that, and after all he did buy them. So I finished it and moved onto the danish. I made it a little over halfway through before calling uncle. My blood sugar had to have been through the roof. I do love sweets, but I indulge infrequently in small quantities anymore. The brownie bite came home with me.

It hadn’t even been 5 minutes since we parted ways before he started blowing up my phone again. And it continued into today, and inevitably tomorrow. He’s very concerned about whether or not I’m eating, and he loves that I’m “fat and sassy”. We are meeting for lunch on Thursday (I’m seriously considering not eating between now and then...) and I’ve been told there will be “at least one other date”, and probably more.

I don’t know what has changed, but he is coming after me pretty hard. He knows that the most recent ex has alluded to coming back, and he’s making it clear he wants his hat in the ring. Oddly, this time I’m not as smitten. Yes, I enjoy hearing from him and spending time with him is very enjoyable. Time flies when we’re together, and that’s usually a good sign. Maybe I’m jaded; we tried this before and it didn’t work for whatever reason. Maybe it’s the weird pseudo-fetish thing. Maybe I’m protecting my heart subconsciously.

I know if I had to choose between him and the most recent ex, it would be an extremely difficult decision. One is better on paper. The other stole my heart. My personality tends to be both pragmatic — let’s look at the facts, black and white, pros and cons — and at the same time emotionally driven. Both men have great qualities and some more mediocre ones, but don’t we all?

One thing that keeps running through my head is the hug I got before the little kiss. I’m a big body language nerd. I definitely live my life by the belief that actions speak louder than words. People give away so much without even realizing it simply by what their bodies are doing. When we initially met up, there was the semi-awkward hug of people who know each other but haven’t seen each other in a while. It didn’t last long, and was one where there was patting on the back. Those are clear indicators that his intention behind the hug was purely friends. But when he walked me out to my car, the hug he gave me pulled me in close and squeezed tightly. It lasted longer than the "just friends" hug, and was followed by the kiss that was sweet and definitely one of familiarity and attraction without becoming anything that would require privacy. Those are clear indicators that he wants more than friends.

He's told me he moves slowly when dating someone. Right now, that's perfectly fine with me. I've had more than enough drama. Christmas is a very weird time to start up with someone. I've certainly been burned by leaping into something too quickly. So for the time being, I'm willing to indulge his odd little fetish (he's going to be disappointed when he gets tonight's texts from when I ate the brownie bite — there's no pics of me or the belly) and enjoy the time we spend together. I don't date looking for free meals or anything like that, but who isn't going to turn down a free meal? If he wants to buy me food to eat, I'll make sure I come hungry.

After all, I have nothing but time to see where this might go, if it does at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

It's Getting Cloooooser....