Another One?

Everybody has their own way of finalizing a lost, missed, or ended connection.  For some, it might be destroying emails or photos.  Others might "defriend" or block someone on Facebook or other social media sites.  For me, it is deleting someone from my contacts on my phone.

The list of people who get deleted from my phone is very short.  That former boss who fired me is one example.  A person who changed their number and didn't give me the new one (because it's been years and years since we've actually communicated) will get deleted.  Oddly enough, I can't bring myself to delete former Match connections from my phone, even the creepy ones.  I really need to, but for some reason I just can't.  I admit to scrolling through my contacts and sometimes scratching my head at a name and number listed -- often it is someone I've gigged with as a musician -- and I know I should just remove them but... call me a phone number hoarder: I just can't get rid of it because I just might need it someday.

In my last post, I relayed what has recently happened with two long-time hit-and-miss Match gentlemen contacting me after a long absence.  D's absence between texts was less than a month.  J3's break was a little longer, just shy of 2 months. Tonight's shark attack comes at what is close to a 3 month period of silence.

3 months.  90 days.  Same as cash.  No interest -- double entendre intended.

Remember J2?  This was the Baptist minister/small business owner/single dad of a gaggle of children.  Actually, I think he has 3 that he has joint custody of, but who's counting?  He was a connection that from the first reading of profiles I knew we would not be a good match, yet he insisted on communicating.  We never met, and he only asked for that once, or maybe twice.  He was in the mix when J3 was just coming on the scene along with several other more interesting bachelors.  J2 and I actually had some interesting conversations, but after I told him how -- at the time -- J3 had essentially used me for sex and then disappeared, I never heard from him again.  I'm pretty sure I posted about that, assuming that J2, who had only kissed one woman since his divorce 4 years ago, pretty much thought I was a tramp.

When his name showed up with a text message, I actually had to stop and think for a moment as to just who J2 was.

(On a side note, his text came through as I was choreographing for Zumba.  That is the same thing I was doing when J3 texted me in late December/early January, turning what I thought was a "wham-bam-thank you ma'am" one night encounter into something different.  Perhaps I should choreograph more frequently?)

I have yet to reply.  I wasn't all that interested in him the first time around, and right now I can't say that my mind has changed.  At the same time, there's no harm in having another friend.  I'll probably reply tomorrow, something fairly non-committal.  Until then, I have plenty to do, like solidify my Zumba choreography.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Blind Dates