I've Been Set Up!


Guess who is going on a blind date?

I have a week to fuss and fret over this.  10 days, actually, since it isn't until next Friday.  This is with the gentleman that my good friend L is setting me up with.  L is a hoot.  She's a 50-something British lady, a fellow Zumba instructor and classical music lover.  She is also a deeply-rooted Christian, and this blind date goes to her church.  

I've seen his LinkedIn profile, I know what church he attends, and he has the recommendation of a friend.  So far, a good foundation.  In some ways, more than I would get via Match.

But this isn't a completely blind date, in that we are just meeting without any buffers such as talking beforehand.  In this case, it'll be a "double date" with my friend L and her husband: Happy Hour, a local art event called "First Fridays," and perhaps a nightcap, depending on how the evening goes.  If he and I don't hit it off, at least we'll all be out with friends.

I'm actually giddy about this.  When L first broached me with the idea, I had mixed feelings.  As time passed, I warmed more and more to the concept.  I even started to get a little impatient that they didn't come to my Saturday performance after all, because I wanted to meet him.  I clearly gave her the green light; she made the suggestion for drinks and First Friday.  I said it worked for me, so she checked with her hubby and the blind date (let's call him BDJ for Blind Date J, since he's yet another J).  Less than 12 hours later, confirmation.

"Get your glad rags on lady, you've got a blind date!"

I guess "glad rags" is a British-ism, like her using the word "bonk" for sex.  

10 days to obsess over my "glad rags."  It's too early to know what the weather will be like -- heck, here in KC 24 hours out is practically too early to know what the weather will be like.  (In the past week, we went from a high of 82 degrees to 10" of snow on the ground.  Seriously.)  10 days to freak out over my weight, the zit breaking out on my nose, and if my new haircut will still look as awesome.  

I wonder if he's feeling the same excitement?  He was certainly very willing to be set up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

What Fools Us Mortals Be