Two Words

Two words.  Specifically, "Likewise" and "Soprano?"
 
To quote Megara from Disney's Hercules,"are you always this articulate?"
 
See, my friend L, the sassy British lady who has set me up on this blind date next week, did something pretty sneaky today.  She sent an email to me, her hubby, and BDJ (the bachelor) that simply said she was looking forward to hanging with us next week and reconfirmed the details.  It was all of two, maybe three sentences, but what it did was share our personal email addresses.
 
Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky.
 
BDJ did a "reply all" and wrote only "Likewise."  He's someone with an MBA, and based on his LinkedIn profile, he's a pretty busy guy.  I am sure he gets a lot of email each day and replies as efficiently as he can.  (I'll save my diatribe about the loss of social graces via electronic communication for another time -- and probably my other blog.)  I did the same, but with a few more words and signing my name.
 
About 13 minutes later, BDJ replied, but just to me.  That was the verbose "soprano?"  While not the most intriguing of commentaries or engaging of questions, he did take the first steps into private communication.
 
A few minutes after that came the invitation to connect with him on LinkedIn.  Now that I found interesting.  Mind you, I think LinkedIn is the red-headed stepchild to all other networking sites, at least for me.  I'm not a business professional, and that is really what it is geared towards.  Hence my whopping 56 connections (compared to my, at the moment, 998 Facebook friends).  I use it so little, was shocked to discover when I went to make sure my profile was all spiffy that I had indeed updated it in the past year.

Past year?  Year? 
 
So I updated it again, changed my profile picture to one I like better even though it still has me with long hair, and accepted his LinkedIn request.  I then replied to his email, answering his question about my voice type, letting him know I'm not very active on LinkedIn, and saying that I had no idea what L may have told him about me, but he was welcome to ask anything.
 
Although so far I've seen two whole words from him, the speed at which he accepted L's invitation for the double date, the speed at which he's replied to emails, and how quickly he sent a LinkedIn request all seem like promising indicators of his interest.  And certainly I can't deny my interest, given that I'm already over-analyzing everything.
 
At least I'm pretty sure what I'm going to wear next Friday...   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

What Fools Us Mortals Be