Boing! Boing!

I have Match set up to send me a text message whenever I receive a "wink" or an email from a Match member.  A few months ago, I assigned that number its own text tone so I knew when I needed or didn't need to jump for my phone upon receiving a text.  That tone sounds like a spring going "boing."  Why did I choose that one?  Why not?

I haven't heard that sound for a while.  Aside from a couple of winks in mid-February, it's been since late January since I have heard that tone.  Today I heard it again.  And again.

And again.

Three times.  Three texts.  Three winks.  Three profiles for me to go through.

What caused this sudden increase?  Easy.  I updated my profile again.  I went out on Match a few days ago, sorted through my "Daily Matches," finding very little interesting.  After that, I decided to overhaul the "About Me" section of my profile.  Being recently active and updating one's profile causes the site to more frequently include your profile when it sends other members matches, because it doesn't do anyone any good if they are sent profiles for people who aren't active.

After quickly perusing on my phone the three profiles, I am not twitterpated or intrigued by any of them just yet.  There was one that caused me to say "Ho-ly shit!" out loud, though.  But since he was number 3, you'll have to wade through 1 & 2 first before you find out why.

Number 1 has winked at me before.  I didn't reciprocate the first time, but it wasn't for any specific reason.  I may do so this time, we shall see.  I think my reservation before was that he was recently divorced after a 27 year long marriage.  That's some potentially serious baggage.

Number 2 will not be getting a reply.  Sorry, I just don't go for short, semi-dumpy 50 year old men.  Thanks for playing.

Number 3 probably will not be getting a reply, although I'd be willing to go on a date with him once just because it would be absolutely and completely hilarious.  Why?  This is the moment I reveal why, upon reading his profile, I uttered "Ho-ly shit!"  His pictures were... meh, although it was interesting that he included a picture of him standing (dancing?) on top of a bar.  His profile is largely incomplete, which is always a red flag to me -- if you are on the site, have pictures, and are actively winking at women, fill out your darn profile.  It was his physical description that got me.  Ethnicity: Latino.  Fine.  Body type: athletic and toned.  Yeah, I know what most guys mean when they say that, unless they've posted the "I'm a gym rat douche" picture.  Height: 6'9".

Six foot NINE inches.  That is 18 inches taller than me.  18!  I could wear my tallest heels and he'd still have an entire FOOT on me.  If I were standing next to him barefoot, I could probably have an interesting eye level conversation with his navel.

In other news, I have not replied to J2's text message of a few nights ago.  I'm normally not rude like that.  I normally reply, even if I'm annoyed or upset.  However, this is just a chapter I'm not looking to re-read.  It wasn't a fantastic read the first time around, and I highly doubt that in 10 weeks he's gone from conservative views to liberal ones.

So now that things are picking back up on Match, when will something interesting come my way?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

What Fools Us Mortals Be