2 Dates in One Day

I know that the title of this might seem scandalous. You’re probably thinking, “Geez, we know you have a busy schedule and your Tinder has been particularly active, but c’mon now!”

Ah, dear friends, you’re making the assumption these dates are with different guys.

Yesterday I had a lunch date with a guy from Tinder, one that I had been seriously talking with and not just flirting. As I wrote yesterday, there was definitely chemistry. It was at a level I hadn’t expected. I wasn’t expecting the attraction and connection on both a mental and physical level. To say it caught me by surprise would be an understatement. Were I not behind at work, the date could have easily lasted the rest of the day and well into the night.

So after work for me, we met up for a drink. In the back booth of a local bar & grille, we talked. And talked. Deep things about our pasts, ourselves. Current struggles and dreams. What each of us was looking for in a relationship. How would my family react to me bringing around someone who was biracial. Could I handle someone with three kids.

He learned about my stalker/harasser. (Who, by the way, is STILL emailing me.) I learned about some crazy things his ex-wife has done to screw with his life. Truly soul-baring things. We talked well past midnight, and while we feel like we've known each other forever there is still so much to learn and share.

He thinks I'm beautiful.

Guys, trust me. Women love to hear that they are beautiful to you. There is no more magical word I can think of. Pretty, cute, hot, even sexy... they just don't carry the same depth of meaning as beautiful. Not that we don't want to hear those words, too, but there's just something mystical about the word beautiful.

He's meeting some of my closest friends on Saturday night. I've hidden my Tinder and Match profiles and called off the conversations I have been having with other guys -- both of whom have taken the news well. I hesitate to say we're "official" or "exclusive" or anything like that, although I hid the profiles at his very polite request. We just haven't had that conversation yet. And really, there's no need to rush anything. Even though we feel like we've known each other for a long time, we really did just meet yesterday.

So where do we go from here? Only time will tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....