Bachelor #2 - C

Tonight's date was with a very outgoing guy, a 45 year old medical IT guy who recently moved to KC from a very large metro area in the south.  Our communication online was, from the start, some of the best communication I've had so far -- keeping in mind that I've been a member for less than 3 weeks.  His emails were well-written, at times very long, and had a great balance of sharing information about himself and inquiring about me and my life.  Based on my suggestion, we decided for our first date to go mini golfing, followed by dinner.

Here's where he starts to vary from Bachelor #1.  C learned my schedule, which for this week was really pretty crazy with church/work activities, and we set a day/time.  He then said he'd make plans and get back to me.

Wait.  HE'S going to make the plans?  I'm not going to have to drag them out of him?  Looking better already!

He found what he deemed to be the "best" mini golf course he could find reasonably close to us -- after touring 3 courses.

Touring 3 courses?  Really?  Okay, maybe the pendulum has swung too far to the other side.

He was early for our date.  And unlike Bachelor #1, he greeted me with a nice, friendly hug.  Then he proceeded to beat me in mini golf by 4 strokes.  Turns out, he likes to golf -- the real kind -- and thinks I should get into it because I have a "pretty good short game."  Ha!  But we had some nice conversation during the game and I discovered he's very observant and analytical.  Almost a little too much so; at one point apparently both of our balls were in the cup but I didn't pull his out with mine.  I don't remember that, but it must have happened, and at first he read a little too much into that.

Still, we moved on to dinner at a local restaurant.  The conversation continued, albeit with the occasional hiccups.  Heck, it was a first date, and there were lots of TVs around to distract us.  Our waiters were a lot of fun -- the waitress was a hoot and her training shadow a nice guy.  Dinner was overall uneventful and it's always a good sign when we have the same taste in dessert.

We ended the evening with another hug, which was fine with me.  I'm not one of those prudes who is against first date kisses or anything, but I'm not sure I feel that towards C, to be honest.  He's a very nice guy, who can be a bit intense at times.  I think the 10+ years he lived in the large metro area in the south has shaped him some, and more time in KC will help him relax.  He floated out several date ideas and even the "I'll be in touch" line, and I was positive to them all.

LESSONS LEARNED FROM THIS DATE:
1. Guys, we like it when you are observant and compliment us.  Commenting on my gray hairs, however, will not endear you to me, even if you think they are "cool."  I'm 36, and while I have friends who pull off young and gray, I do not wish to be that just yet.

2. I need to work on my eye contact.  I was not great with that at dinner.

3. I am finding that guys seem impressed and at the same time a little intimidated when they learn I almost have a doctoral degree.  I'm hoping the statistic about how the more education and degrees a woman has, the less likely she is to get married is a stat I can beat.  I'm open about my education level on my profile, but both Bachelor #1 & #2 were a little... stunned, I guess, to learn about my degrees.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....