Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

I wasn't planning on writing today.  Things have been fairly quiet in my little dating world; G and I are texting but that's moving at a relaxed pace so there's little to "report."  Match has been quiet as far as winks and emails, overall; as I wrote a couple posts ago, I suspect the post-holiday period is generally quiet for folks either because of finances or simply trying to get back on track after the holidays.  And let's face it, not everyone is looking to be paired up right before Valentine's Day, because that can be... well... awkward.

However, I took a few minutes today to go through my "Daily Matches," something I haven't done in close to a week.  I perused the usual collection of "laid back" and "easy going" guys who may or may not be into sports and who are looking for their dream woman.  I read through profiles, all of which save one were actually written with a demonstration of fluency in the English language.  And, I scrolled through pictures.

Ah, yes, pictures.

I know not all of my pictures are perfect in regards to lighting and such.  However, none of them are the size of postage stamps.  All of them are in focus.  None of them feature me in a large group of people, and if they did, I'd caption the picture identifying me.  None of my pictures are me with a smoking hot member of the opposite sex.

Are you picking up on my passive-aggressiveness?

But today's piece de resistance was a gentleman who not only had, I believe, three pictures of him up with some hot blonde with an enviable body.  One of those pictures had him appearing to be grabbing her boobs.

Yep.  Classy.

I say "appearing" because the picture was of both of them sitting down.  He was in a chair or on a bench, and she was on a level below him, probably the floor.  He was leaning over her, both mugging for the camera, and his hand were draped down and around her neck/chest, making his hands appear to be crossed at the forearms and resting on her breasts.

I was just... stunned.  I've seen the pictures of the guys with the professional cheerleaders.  Guys have posted pictures of them with "a group of friends and just friends, no exes in the bunch."  (That's a direct quote from a caption, by the way.)  But actually appearing to grope a woman?  Granted people use Match for, shall we say, temporary relationships? although that is more prevalent on the free sites, but still...

Maybe I really am more prudish than I believe I am.  And he wasn't the gentleman who in his "about me" section said he was looking for a woman who was "sexually open."  Just what is that supposed to mean?  A woman who is up for anything sexually, who is completely submissive?  A woman who will sleep with him on a first date?  A woman who is into threesomes or who wants open relationships -- at the very least, allowing him to sleep around?

It takes all kinds in this world, and I do think there's is someone for everyone out there.  At least, I'd like to hold on to that blind belief a while longer.  It helps me get through the periods where I am discouraged by dating, when my self esteem is at a low point.  However in the interim, I also get these reminders that being single maybe isn't quite so bad...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

What Fools Us Mortals Be