Snooze....

If I had to sum up my dating life in one word right now, I'd have a hard time choosing one.  However, it is safe to assume they'd all be synonyms of either "quiet" or "boring."  Since things are a little crazy elsewhere in my life with some unexpected (yet fiscally very welcome) freelance work last week, quiet is perfectly okay.

So to keep us all up-to-date on the quietness, here is where each of the previously mentioned gentlemen stand.

M -- haven't heard a peep from him since our last date, nor have I reached out to him.  I guess it doesn't get much more "mutual" than that.  And, it turns out buying the movie tickets left me with a whopping $7.38 in my account until payday, which was 3 days -- and an almost empty gas tank -- away.  That was like pouring salt into my already bitter wound about the situation of him springing "dutch" on me mid-date -- literally mid-date.

D -- good ol' D.  Today he decided to return to texting me after a 2 week hiatus.  "Morning beautiful" was the message at a little after 8 a.m.  I'd been at work since a few minutes before 7 and wasn't exactly feeling beautiful -- teaching boot camp, especially at that hour, will do that to you -- and I have yet to respond almost 12 hours later.  I'm not sure how I feel.  We've been texting since November 2 -- November.  We're going on three full months, and the number of times he's set up a date with me?  Once.  ONCE.  That date fell through because of the death in his family, and he hasn't really tried to reschedule it.  Although I don't exactly have guys coming out my ears right now, if he is going to be so ambivalent in his "pursuit" of me, he can stick it.  Sh!t or get off the pot, as I have said more than once.

J3 -- the boy toy.  Haven't heard from him, either, not that I'm surprised.  I may text him tomorrow, see if he wants to come over this weekend and watch one of the football games, as he doesn't have a TV.  Or, I may not.  We'll see if I feel like cleaning my house.

That's really it for now.  I did get an email yesterday from an interesting widower, and I replied, but I have yet to hear back and who knows if I actually will.  His original email was really nice and unlike the majority of the initial emails I get, which was refreshing and promising.  However, it's Match, where you can be just about anyone your imagination within your profile allows you to be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

What Fools Us Mortals Be