One Last Post

D just left about 15 minutes ago. After an hour in each other's company, we said a pleasant goodbye - for now.

He's been reading this blog after all, and that did help with the conversation because he already knew where I was, emotionally and in regards to us. I didn't really have any questions for him, although he did admit that even he doesn't really understand why he broke up with me other than he felt he needed to. From one person with issues to another, that makes perfect sense. To those of you reading this who don't share in our psychological fun, that may seem like a shitty cop-out or something. Just take my word for it, it's not.

We certainly care for each other, but we both need to focus on ourselves right now. He's doing better than I am, and in his own sweet way expressed concern for me. However, he is not 100% himself, either. I refuse to air his dirty laundry here, even though he told me he's going to stop reading this blog. In the end, we agreed we want to be friends, although that may be months down the road. Still, we are better people for having been in each other's lives and we do genuinely care for each other. He referred to this talk as "one last conversation." I suggested we not say "last" because I think we will be friends, and he agreed to that. He even smiled at it.

We shared a few laughs, and he left to go get something to eat. I texted him a thank you, and he replied, telling me to keep my chin up. Ever since he basically said that getting back together wasn't an option, I've been slowly putting one foot in front of the other and moving on. Today's conversation didn't set that back any, thankfully. However, I know it will be very hard for me to not text him, no matter how innocuous. I've done it before and I can do it again, I know.

But that doesn't make it easier.

Time for another hiatus. Thank you all for the love and support you've shown me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....