World's Shortest Relationship

I am single again.  I am devastated.  In some ways, I saw it coming, but in others... no.

This weekend was rough for us.  We'd make plans, and then he'd have to change them.  He assured me all was well, kisses and hugs via text.  In a mood swing, perhaps related to the new birth control, and perhaps just my depression rearing its ugly head, I sent him a long explanatory email.

His response to that was to text me saying he'd read it and he thinks we should just be friends.  It was nice to have met me.  Take care.

I asked if we could please talk.  His response was "no."  I told him I was truly sorry, but I respected his decision.  I would like to know where I went wrong.  He told me to "take care!"

All last week, I felt him pulling away.  Perhaps that made me too clingy.  He kept sending mixed signals -- concerns I was getting too attached too soon, starting to revert on plans we'd made for the future -- but then we'd send back and forth loving text messages, full of smiles, kisses, and hugs.  Normally, I don't kiss and tell, but the last time we had sex things were different from him, in how he made love to me.  It was almost as if it was obligatory, not that we both didn't finish, but it wasn't nearly as intimate as it had been.

I don't know what to do right now.  I desperately feel like I need closure, but if he won't talk to me, there's little I can do.  I want to cry, but there are no tears coming.

At this point, I cannot return to dating.  I need to deal with me.

Comments

  1. I have been following along, and I am so, so sorry to hear this happened to you. How rotten of him to be so cold after everything you shared! I know nothing anyone says can help right now, but know that I am wishing you all the strength in the world to get through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you. I greatly appreciate it, more than I can adequately express.

      Delete

Post a Comment

We are all adults here. Comments are welcome, but they are also moderated because there has been a marked increase in spam, trolling, and generally snarky and nasty comments being submitted. Different opinions are welcome when expressed maturely; rude comments and links will not be published.

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....