Intermission

I am a theater person.  Be it opera, musical theater, or simply a well-constructed concert, I love drama and the stage.  Intermissions occur for two main reasons: 1) the audience gets a break to stretch, decompress, use the facilities, get a drink, and check in with reality for a moment, and 2) the performers get a break to prepare themselves mentally and/or physically for the next act or scenes.  That may be a costume or makeup change, or a change of the set on the stage, or some combination of the two.

It has been a full 7 days.  This time, one week ago, I was arriving at my friend's house, stunned and possibly even heartbroken, clutching a bottle of wine like it alone could save me and make what had happened just a couple hours before disappear like a bad dream.  Minutes after entering her home, I would receive the text message where the ex cut off communication.  Two hours later, I would have single-handedly consumed an entire bottle of margaritas on an essentially empty stomach.

Not exactly a highlight of my April.

As the week progressed, I had lows and I had highs.  I shed some tears.  I had some smiles.  I added temporary medications to counteract the side effects of the Depo.  I learned a lot about my friends and myself.  I experienced more clearly the power of prayer and have a more meaningful spiritual life.  I have openly discussed depression and heartbreak.  This blog has been my therapy; not just a place for me to express my thoughts and emotions, but also a way of having to avoid answering the same questions over and over from concerned and caring friends.

7 days.  One week.  In some ways it feels much longer.  In others, it doesn't.

This act is now being drawn to a close.  For me, it is an intermission.  I don't know what the next act or acts will hold.  I don't know who will have the other starring role in my personal romantic drama.  But during this intermission, I plan to take a break from this blog.  I'm not doing it to tempt Murphy and his law, although that thought has humorously crossed my mind.  I'm doing it because I need to continue the progress I have made working on me, and I need to do it alone.  It is time for me to go to my inner sanctuary, to water and nurture the seeds that have recently been planted or sprouted within my heart and soul.

This is my costume change, my set change time.

If and when drama occurs, I'll be back here.  Lately I've seen that God can have a sense of humor with His timing.  He may laugh at my plan, as He often does with many humans, and throw a bump in the road, something that seems like a detour on my path.  Until then, as we say in many Christian traditions, "May the peace of Christ be with you."  Or, if you prefer Sanskrit, namaste.  One translation: the light and love in me honors the light and love in you.

Peace.  Paix.  Pace.  Pax.  Namaste.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....