Spoke Too Soon

Say it with me now.  You know what happens when you assume!  You make an ASS out of U and ME!

Well, I really haven't been made an ass of, at least not yet.  But in the 6 or so hours since my last post, the men in my current chaotic dating life have decided to prove me wrong.

Leading the pack to prove me wrong is J2.  I'd had just said I hadn't heard from him since Sunday and I made these assumptions that my going on a date with another man turned him off.  Wrong!  As I was waiting for my pedicure to dry, he texted.  We ended up texting back and forth for almost 2 hours, and I'm sure if I were to reply to his latest text we could add another hour or two to that total.  Most of it has been basically innocent chatting.  We did talk about setting up a tentative date for next Saturday, but I was also upfront with him about J3, which led to a good conversation about the whole seeing multiple guys thing and we never went back to talking about next Saturday.

J2 has been very supportive of my other dates.  Well, he only knows about J3, not about my date with D, but still... and I was surprised by his support.  Most of the guys I've met on Match have been very competitive.  J2's viewpoint is that he thinks people should be with whomever they are intended to be with.  If it isn't him, then so be it.  In some ways, his perspective and maturity about it is refreshing.  In other ways, sometimes it's nice to have a guy want to make a case for you.  But we haven't met; I think if it were a case of we'd met and he felt we'd clicked, he might make more of a stand.

My date with D... yep, I sent a semi passive-aggressive text.  It said, "Hey babe... I'm sure you've been busy, but I'm beginning to think I need to make alternate plans for tomorrow night."  That was almost an hour ago and I've yet to hear from him.  Maybe I'm weird, maybe these are my type A tendencies coming out, but if you make a point to get on a woman's calendar for a date 10 days in advance, you wouldn't wait until the last minute to let her know what you're doing, and I consider anything basically short of 24 hours "last minute" when it comes to a first date.  All I know is that we're "wining and dining."  I don't know where, and I don't know what time, although he has been told I'm coming from a gig so it'll have to be around 7:30.  We shall see.

Lastly we have my cutie pie 28 year old, J3.  We've texted some this evening, although we've hit a sudden stop.  I'm not worried -- for once -- because when this has happened before it's been because he got a phone call.  Also, he's not a big texter, which seems odd for someone of his age, but perhaps I'm just projecting stereotypes.  He jokes about his own "expressive texting" of one or two words, and when I get a text that is longer than that, I'm warmly stunned.

In the background, we also have a gentleman who has been referred to before in previous posts.  He is one who winked, and when I read his profile I went all goofy excited so I emailed him, and got nada.  Then he liked some of my photos and favorited me.  So I winked back.  Today he liked another one of my photos.  So, I've favorited him.  Not holding my breath!  He did recently show up in my matches, though, which makes me think he may have gone from a free profile to a paying member.

And of course, I continue to plow through my Daily Matches.  Some are interesting.  Many are neither intriguing nor appalling.  Every now and then, I get one that just makes me shake my head.

Lots of frogs.  Hopefully someday, one of them will turn out to be a prince instead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....