The Status Quo

Well, I suppose it is time for another update, not that there's much to update.  But first, a word from our sponsor!

It's Been Ten Whole Minutes!

Ok, that comes from Dating Fail (.com), and it is how I feel right now about J3, who is number.. I can't remember.  15?  The one who chatted me up on IM a week and a half ago, who I went on a date with on Sunday, who is coming to my house for dinner on this coming Sunday... that one.  If I text, he responds, gotta give him that, but since the post-date conversation, he hasn't initiated.  Then again, why should he if I'm always doing the initiating?  So yesterday, in spite of my wanting to, I didn't text him or message him.  And knowing me, I'll probably end up trying to chat with him tonight.

Meanwhile, we have our D, who I'm supposed to go on a date with tomorrow night.  I haven't heard from him since Wednesday morning, when I got a "Morning" text followed by a "kiss."  Since then I've texted twice, both trying to confirm Saturday's date.  If I don't hear from him soon, I'll probably end up sending a very passive-aggressive text (me?!) saying, "So I'm gathering from your silence that Saturday is off?" or something like that.

And let us not forget J2, who was what, number 13?  The Baptist college degree holding minister guy.  The one who on last Sunday I told I had a date with someone else.  At that point, we still had a great conversation, relaxed and possibly the most fun one we've had, with a lot of joking around.  Since then?  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.  Zero.  Not a peep.  Part of me is a little incensed that he would just give up over something so minor as me going on a date with someone else simply because they got on my calendar first.  We haven't even met, and there's no reason to think I'm not also going to be chatting with other guys and meeting them.  I wouldn't be surprised if he focuses on one lady at a time, but I don't put all my eggs in one basket, sorry.  But the other part of me is kind of relieved, as I wasn't really all that into him.  It's easier on me, as lazy as this is, if he winnows himself out rather than me having to say... "um, no."

Oh, and we have a blast-from-the-past, good old J1.  This is the one I had to friendzone because he was just too clingy, needy, too soon after his divorce, all those fun reasons.  He cornered me into friending him on Facebook, and the other day he popped up with a chat window.  I really need to put him on a restricted list.  Text messages, emails, Facebook chats... I hear from him about once a week.  He's becoming a cross between a needy puppy and an ulcer: cute in his own needy way, but he just won't go away! 

To summarize my current status, it's the status quo.  I'm still obsessing over a new twitterpation, debating whether or not to text, ready to over-react to the lack of messages, and being confused and annoyed.  Just in this case, I get to spread all those feelings out around 3 or 4 different men.  Last night at church I had a good friend ask me about my love life, and offered to "interview" potential suitors as "stand-in parents" for me.  Maybe I should have him pre-screen my applicants... but then this blog would get pretty boring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....