17 & 18

Christmas was surprisingly busy on Match, at least for me.  Ho ho ho!

It started with a wink from a new bachelor, which, like many other winks, has and will continue to go unanswered.  It isn't because he's creepy or unattractive, he just doesn't appeal to me for some unknown reason.  That's part of the dating scene that can't be logically explained, no matter how hard I try.

Then came a notification that one of my pictures was "liked" by a guy.  I didn't recognize the screen name, so I went to his profile.  Turns out he was one I had checked out before, and I think even marked as "interested in."  I'd gone so far as to wink at him.  But, that was over a month ago and around the same time I started seeing J3.

Taking the advice of Match, I dropped him a quick email saying "thanks for liking my picture" and that I hoped he'd had a good Christmas.  I was rather surprised when he responded, and all evening we emailed back and forth.  Long emails from both of us, at that.  So this gentleman is #18, T.  He's a 44 year old divorcee, who works in technology and is a retired Navy vet.  Oh, and he's 6'4", making him 13" taller than me.

Bring on the heels!

Still, between his age and maturity, I feel so much more in my comfort zone with him than with J3.  I'm sure psychologists could easily come up with many reasons as to why I prefer older, stable men, but I'm not looking to answer that question.  I just know where I'm comfortable, and for me, comfort is a good solid step towards happy and content.

Wrapping up the evening, though, was a reply from #17, M.  This is another 44 year old divorcee, but this one works for a non-profit helping veterans.

Side note.  Hmm.  Two mid-40 year old divorcees, both of whom have one child -- a daughter at that -- and who are in some way involved with veterans affairs.  And, they are both marathoners.  Weird.

Anyway, back to M.  His email ended with asking me if I'd be interested in meeting up for a hot chocolate or something like that.  In other words, a date request.  This morning I replied in the positive. We'll see what happens from here.

Meanwhile tonight I'm meeting up with a group of girlfriends for pedicures and food -- an early birthday celebration for me.  I'm sure my dating life will be a topic of conversation, and I'm sure they'll be full of advice.  Bring it on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....