Didn't See THAT Coming!

I honestly, completely, and truly thought my post about my date with M would be my last date-related and/or drama-filled blog post of 2012.  I thought my dating life had finally settled down a little from the stress of "was it just a ONS" and "dear menstrual cycle, please return," now focusing on a nice guy who I feel a bit ambivalent about and the very beginnings of emails with one that holds more appeal, which may or may not go anywhere.

Boy, was I wrong.

I was in my living room, rehearsing choreography for a class I'm co-teaching tomorrow, and generally ignoring my cell phone.  My Words With Friends and Hanging With Friends games can wait until I'm done learning these songs, or that was my thought on the matter.  Then, over the music, I heard a sound I hadn't heard in several weeks.

I apparently had not removed J3's personalized text message tone.  And it was sounding.

Yes, J3, the 28 year old ... kid ... who got into my bed and then was pretty much never heard from again.  The one who came on strong and quick, and then seemed to be gone.  The one who, in spite of all that, I still think he's really cute and a damn good kisser.

The long and the short of his lengthy text was he'd gotten a new phone, switched carriers and lost most of his contacts and messages.  He was still interested in hanging out, but probably nothing serious or long term.

I think flabbergasted is the word I might be looking for.  Stunned, perhaps?  Shocked beyond belief?  Speechless?  All of the above?

My first instinct was to text my friend M, my yenta, my confidante, in Minnesota.  Except she had some major surgery this morning and is out of it.  Damn.  I have to deal with this on my own?  Shiiiiiiit.

After pacing around the house a bit, choreography rehearsing long forgotten, I finally tapped out a reply.  Judge me if you will, but the long and short of my reply was that I told him I agreed -- a casual FWB was fine with me, nothing serious or long-term.  A text message conversation ensued, wherein neither of us actually, directly mentioned what had happened -- sex -- but clarified that we both enjoyed it.  And now we're comparing schedules for this coming weekend.

I wonder if the iTunes store has a ring tone that yells "Boooooty call!!"

7 months of Match, the last day of 2012, and if I'm remembering correctly, I went on 8 first dates.  3 of those gentlemen got a second date within 2012 -- M's second date will fall into 2013.  There were 3 more who I've texted with, but haven't met.  There was drama and there was boredom.  My current status is: one nice, stable, older guy who I'm not sure I want to be anything other than friends with, and one younger, energetic, and very cute guy who is pretty much only interested in sex, with the random additional moments of interest from other guys via Match.

It's a lot for me to process.  In the past 7 months, many of my previously-held views on sex and dating have changed as my imagined world, the nice, neat world I was raised in by my conservative parents, and the real world, where people have casual sex, have collided.  For now, I'm just going to enjoy the ride -- double entendre intended -- and see what happens.  If nothing else, it should bring some interesting blog posts!

Now, where was I in that choreography?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....