E-freaking-GADS

In the three and a half weeks since I've been "dating" J3 -- if this past week with the intermittent-to-none conversations counts as "dating" -- my Match account has been pretty quiet.  I've gotten a couple of winks and a few emails, all of which either got the "no thank you" replies or they just didn't go anywhere.  Other than to review those profiles and send the "no thank you" replies, I haven't really been out on the site.  I haven't been going through my Daily Matches or anything in the past 10+ days.

Today that has certainly changed.  My phone has been practically exploding with texts from Match about winks and emails.  Is the universe trying to tell me something?  The day that I finally "go public" with my internal dialogue over what has become of my "relationship" with J3, my Match inbox goes nuts.

On a side note, I have yet to text J3.  I figure I'll give him another 24-48 hours.  But back to the drama at hand.

Today brought 4 new bachelors -- so far.  The first one has actually grown into a email conversation.  He started with a wink, and when I winked back I almost immediately received an email.  Ready for the "bad" news?  He's yet another J.  J4 it is!  I admit to being a bit intrigued by this one... he's smart, articulate, in better financial shape than J3, and at 44 he's older.  Back in my comfort zone!

The second bachelor was a direct email -- no wink.  His distance alone put him out of consideration, but he still managed to be a "first."  He was the first blind person I've "met" through the site.  His profile was very interesting and unique -- in a good way.  But he's well over 100 miles away and, although I try to not be so shallow, at 5'4" he's just too short for me.  His physical appearance beyond that wasn't bad, nor was he hot.

Then we had a third bachelor who winked.  I have no plans to wink back at this moment, but that could change.  And rounding out the group was a fourth bachelor who emailed.  This one also had a profile different than most I've read, but I couldn't honestly say I looked at his pictures and was interested.  So I replied to his email, answering his questions, but I told him that I'd recently met someone and was concentrating on him.

The question is, is that "him" J3 or J4?

When it comes to J3, I never saw long term potential.  But, I'm not necessarily thrilled with being used like he used me.  One date out, then one date at my place (where he did bring the wine), and the third date being completely footed by me, even to supplying the condoms.  And then he's gone.  Yep, I feel stupid, naive, and taken advantage of at this point.  I don't like the idea of being a "three date wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am."  I also know that if he were to call or text me, I'd probably acquiesce and see him again and inevitably sleep with him, because admittedly the sex was pretty good.

J4 remains to be seen.  When he said he wanted to get to know a lot more about me, I told him to ask away.  The first question he asked went straight to the point.  "Why haven't you married?"  Yep, the "why are you still single, is there something wrong with you" question.  I explained my history with being in grad school, moving here and getting into a weird LTR, and then needing time to get my life back in order, and he said that made perfect sense.  He also wanted to keep conversing.

It will be interesting to see how many (if any) texts I have from Match come the morning.  At least I have no shortage of gentlemen right now.  Happy holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....