Tough Decisions

If there is one thing I love to do, it is admit I made a mistake, especially if it is a mistake I've made before.  Isn't that the definition of insanity, to repeatedly do something expecting a different outcome?  Then again, that makes all who date insane, for we are constantly meeting people and going on dates expecting one encounter to be different and ultimately better than the others.

We come to the update on J3.  I last blogged about our third date, the one that ended up in my bed.  In the days that followed, the text conversations started off promising.  In a nutshell, "Reader's Digest" compilation, they started:

Me: So do you have time next weekend...?
J3: Yeah, probably.
Me: Well, I'm sure we'll talk this week.
J3: Yeah, definitely.  (Note: that is word-for-word.)

They continued during the week, discussing overall inane things.  Thursday he told me his weekend was pretty busy but that he might have time on Sunday evening.  I told him I could make that work, but that I didn't want to be an obligation.

I haven't heard from him since.

I texted him on Friday, just reaching out a little because I'm a K-8 teacher on Wednesdays and Fridays, and you'd have to have been living on Pluto to not know about the tragic and horrific shooting in Connecticut on Friday.  I learned of the news mere minutes before seeing my own Kindergartners, and I was quite shaken all day.

Saturday, I laid low.  Sunday, I simply sent a message that said, "Hello?"

In the past when there's been a delay in him replying to me, he always apologizes and explains.  Sometimes, it's been really unnecessary but still appreciated.  I have yet to hear from him.  Things have supposedly been busy at work for him, but we all leave work at some point.  It is always possible I'm reading way too much into this, but this blog wouldn't be nearly as interesting if there wasn't crazy drama on my end.

I'm not happy that I may have allowed myself to fall into the ONS category again, but is it a ONS if it was the third date?  I'm also kicking myself because I've been down this road before... becoming sexually active with a guy only to get promises of more time together immediately followed by him gradually not responding to text messages.  I have to ask myself some tough questions, though.

I know I'll text him again.  That's just me, frankly.  What I'm trying to decide is what kind of text to send.  Should it be a "hey, what's up" text?  An "are you mad at me?" text?  A "do you just want to move on?" text?  If he does want to move on, that's fine, but I think I deserve the courtesy of some sort of notification.  But do I have the guts to send that text, knowing the answer might very well be "yes, I do?"  Am I really strong enough to directly seek possible rejection?

Yeah.  Merry Christmas...

Comments

  1. But then there is no sense in thinking about the pay for dates because free online dating sites in the USA do not limit you to dating just one person, you can date as many people there is possible.

    USA Dating Site

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We are all adults here. Comments are welcome, but they are also moderated because there has been a marked increase in spam, trolling, and generally snarky and nasty comments being submitted. Different opinions are welcome when expressed maturely; rude comments and links will not be published.

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....