Happy Birthday to Me!

That day has arrived, the day that my blog URL is technically no longer accurate.  Today is my natal anniversary, or as we more commonly call it, my birthday.  I'm now 37 and dating.

Pass the Geritol.

Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to report.  My two texting buds have been very quiet.  I still haven't heard from J2, and that's fine with me.  I'm a bit surprised I haven't heard from D, but this has happened more than once before.  I'm cynical -- and perhaps savvy -- enough to be suspicious of someone who texts but never pushes for meeting.  Let's face it, there's no step on Match to prove that you are actually single before setting up a profile.  "Currently separated" is even a marital status option.  It's the Internet, where there's nothing to prevent you from being someone you aren't, be that single or married.  All that to say, I wouldn't be surprised if D turned out to already have a girlfriend or some other commitment.

#18, T, also has not responded.  According to his profile, he's been "online now!" but not available for IM.  To me, that means I suspect he last logged in via his phone and didn't close out the browser page -- just because you close Safari on an iPhone doesn't mean you actually log out of a secure site like Match.  I remember vaguely when I winked at him that he wasn't on the site for several days.  I can understand; I've done the same.  Were we ships passing in the night?  Who knows.

But still very much in the mix is #17, M.  We have confirmed a date for Sunday afternoon, hot chocolate/coffee at a local shop.  However, we are still figuring out where.  He suggested a place and gave me a rough location.  I did a quick Google search because it was very close to where I met K -- the coffee date while I was seeing P -- and I wanted to make sure it wasn't the same place because that would just be weird.  It wasn't, thankfully, but it also turns out the place he suggested closed.  Back in July.

Hmm.  Either someone hasn't been out for coffee in the past 6 months, or they haven't been back out dating very long.  Great.  Is this going to be another recently divorced scenario?  So far, it doesn't seem like it.  He's been very proactive at setting up the date, no awkwardness about it like there was with J -- J1.  I haven't asked that question yet; it just hasn't seemed important in any of our conversations.  I'll play it by ear on Sunday and see if I should ask it then.  Heck, it may be a total dud of a date, and make no difference how long he's been divorced because I won't want to see him again (or vice versa)!  We shall see; it would be nice to end 2012 on a positive note, dating-wise, an upswing of positive momentum after a roller coaster of a year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....