I Have Made A Terrible Mistake

I don't even know where to begin.

After a couple days of really good texting, which may have been a bit too heavy on the R and X rated content for me, I agreed to meet Bachelor #3 tonight in advance of our official first date on Friday. We met up at a local major bookstore.

Mistake number 1: When I saw him, my heart actually sank. The resemblance to his pictures is there, but the pictures he has up on Match are optimally flattering. Clothing disguises the extra pounds, stuff like that, which really you can't blame him for because we all do that. I should've have figured out how to make a graceful exit out, but he started in with the self-deprecating humor (something I am quite fluent in) and I'm just too damn nice.

Mistake number 2: I agreed to go to see his house. Hey, he's a homeowner, and in a nice neighborhood. Attraction can develop, right? There's a personality connection, right? The house is fine; he's doing some work on it so he can put it on the market. It's a six bedroom, 3700 square foot monstrosity that he used to share with other people who were "tenants" although they were also family and close friends. Now that they all have moved out and not wanting to search for roommates on Craigslist, he's going to sell the house and downsize. But the Great Room... the only thing it was missing to make it a frat house was a few empty pizza boxes and a stack of beer cans. In the center, a pool table. Along one wall, his extensive movie collection. On the built-in shelving, his extensive display of collector's edition Legos.

Yes, you read that correctly. For Christmas he got the Imperial Destroyer. It took him 4 days to complete it.

Completing the tour of the Great Room, by the TV there are two video game systems. Yes, two. A current Playstation and a Wii. Okay, fine. As I discovered on the rest of the tour, in other rooms exists additional gaming consoles. I think he has every gaming console ever sold since the original Nintendo - the one where you had to blow on the cartridges.

Mistake number 3: I stayed much longer than I should have. It's been a long year and he talked a good game. It didn't quite live up to my expectations.

So now I really have myself in a pickle. I don't want this to go any further, but frankly I'm not prepared to break someone's heart so soon. I feel like I'm leading him on, too. He's so incredibly smitten with me, that letting him down gently just isn't an option.

Here is the plan at the moment: tomorrow I will not text him nearly as much. He doesn't really know my schedule, so me being "busy" is a viable excuse. Then at some point I will ask him if we can tone down the date some. You know, rather than go to a fancy restaurant that isn't convenient to either of us, how about something more local and casual? I think he knows I'm not 100% into him, and that request will probably tip him off further, but no point in belaboring the inevitable.

I've gotten myself into quite the pickle. More drama for you!

Comments

Post a Comment

We are all adults here. Comments are welcome, but they are also moderated because there has been a marked increase in spam, trolling, and generally snarky and nasty comments being submitted. Different opinions are welcome when expressed maturely; rude comments and links will not be published.

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

It's Getting Cloooooser....