Day One Recap (previously, "The First Six Hours")

Technically, it hasn't been a full day yet. It hasn't been 12 hours since my profile was all approved and active and stuff. But it's been plenty busy.

As I told a couple girlfriends, who are also on Match, I feel like I've returned to a favorite dive bar. You know, that place you used to frequent that was a little shady yet comfortable, where you knew which bar stool was wobbly and that the guy in the corner wearing the bad 70's suit was really harmless and happily married so his horrible lines didn't really mean anything. That's what returning to Match has felt like. I'm back in this comfortable bar after being gone for a year, like I moved out of the area and have recently moved back. Some things are different, many things are the same.

Like being "winked" at by guys who didn't get the hint last time. And by last time, I mean the last three times they "winked" at me. A year ago.

So far, the tallies are:

Winks: 7
Emails: 3
Chat windows: 1

I've returned a couple of the winks. I've replied to one of the emails, and a second I'm still pondering. The third, I just need to get off my derriere and write my standard, "thank you for the compliment all the best to you on Match" passive-aggressive I'm-not-interested email.  The chat window was random and once he found out I worked for a church he was gone.

Um, did you not read my profile? The work section?

No skin off my back, since I was very "meh" about his profile. I've only chatted with guys on Match a couple times. One was "The Kid." Another was just a nice chat that never went anywhere; two equally single people passing an evening in pleasant conversation with no pressure or commitments. Which actually sounds like my last date, now that I think about it.

I know the attention will eventually slow down. Right now the interest I am getting is running the gamut of men, and more than one has reminded me that it will take some time for Match to refine my preferences.

Sing along with me now... "back in the saddle again.....!!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

It's Getting Cloooooser....