Well, hmph.

After what seemed like a good second date that, admittedly, left me feeling a little odd, today I got the dreaded "I just don't feel a spark" text. Frankly, I'm not surprised, and as I told a girlfriend, I often tend to overlook too much of the negative early on. I did that with him. He's a nice guy, but I think there are some mental issues.

Now I'm not saying that to try to deflect any sort of responsibility I may have for it not working. He and I talked about certain things, and he let phrases drop about prescription medications and doctors appointments that make a psych diagnosis very plausible. That isn't a bad thing, necessarily. I have psych diagnoses in my history. I think most of America has psych diagnoses somewhere. But that, combined with some stuff I saw personality-wise, may answer the question why a reasonably good-looking guy with a sizable net worth has never been married.

He wants to be friends. I told him if he needed a movie bud to call or text.

I'm disappointed but not completely surprised. So a little dejected and with a few minutes on my hands, I decided to do something I hadn't done in almost a week. I went through my Daily Matches.

As to be expected, most were very average. A couple I said, "yes, I'm interested" to, and a couple got the big old red X button of "No," but most went into the "maybe" pile. I did wink at one and email another.

About an hour and a half after all that, I was home and with a couple minutes to spare - literally a couple minutes - I decided to log onto Match from my computer and not my phone. There are certain things only visible on the mobile site, and certain features only accessible on the actual website. I was popping on to check one thing about the guy I'd emailed.

Bing, bing, two chat windows pop up. My phone then also sent me a notification text from Match of a wink. I was a bit shocked.

One chat window was from a guy who'd chatted with me before but the communicating was odd in a "the website isn't functioning quite right" sort of way. When he found out I worked for a church, I never heard from him again. Until tonight. We sent a few messages back and forth, and I said I had to go because I was meeting a girlfriend for drinks and Mexican food (true). I told him to chat me again or email if he was interested. He replied that he was "very interested" and within 7 minutes I had an email.

We've sent a couple back and forth so far. The latest email from him asked what I did for work. In my reply, I did say I do certain things for a church. We'll see where that goes; on his profile he has "I'll tell you later" under religion; "I'll tell you later" is the Match default for "no answer."

And in a true Match first, I got an email as a reply from a wink. Furthering the Match first, what it basically said was thanks for the wink but I don't like cats. It actually made me LOL. Frankly, there are very few folks on Match who send thank you emails for winks. I certainly don't and never have, and this time around I gave up on my previous policy of "every email gets a reply, even if it is no." I wrote him back saying no worries and wishing him the best of luck on Match. To which he replied.

Weird.

So another week is approaching. We shall see what Match has in store, if anything. So often it is feast or famine on that site, but unlike last time I'm not going to walk away for a while. See, last time I got about a month in and while I'd had a few dates and such I had become quite discouraged and ended up just not logging in for almost 2 months. When I did, it was primarily because I'd gotten an email from the infamous P. My decision to not log in was costly - fiscally costly. I lost my 6 month guarantee because of it. Not this time!

Seriously, there has to be somebody out there for me, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two and Done (Late Post)

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

It's Getting Cloooooser....