After the Hiatus...

I took some time away from the online dating thing.  I hit a few days where I wasn't feeling all that well, and then I just got out of the habit or something.  For whatever reason, and I'm sure a shrink could come up with a few, I just couldn't bring myself to launch the website and go through my "Daily Matches," screening photos and profiles, blessing some with a "yes, I'm interested," more often hitting "maybe," and every now and then saying "no thank you."

In case you are wondering what happened to Bachelor #3, well, we've texted some.  But he never really showed any initiative, and I state clearly in my profile that I prefer a guy who will take the lead in the early stages.  I know if I were to pick up my phone right now and text him, he'd write me back.  And I also know it is unlikely it would go any further.

So with this being the status quo, what encouraged me to get back onto the site?

Yep, Bachelor #5.  Now he wasn't the first to "wink" or "email" me during my hiatus.  Bachelor #4, who I briefly referred to a few blogs ago, did email me.  I never replied, mostly from laziness and because it had taken him a couple weeks to reply to my reply.  If he's not that interested, and I certainly wasn't, why pursue it?  I got a few "winks" from men I didn't find attractive.  And another man whom I'd emailed a very long time ago and had written off because he'd never replied finally sent me an email that said "Your cute." 

Yep, libido-crushing grammar.  Twitch.

But Bachelor #5's mini profile that comes with the email notification of the wink was enough for me to get over my unnameable aversion to the site.

That, and what I felt was a great new profile picture.

Bachelor #5 is, according to his profile, a 48 year old architect.  Divorced, joint custody of his son.  Lists "Christian/Other" as his religion (that still befuddles me, since Catholic, Protestant, and LDS are also options... what else is there that is Christian?) and has an articulate profile.  We've entered the email stage, so we'll see what happens from here.  It might be too early to say I'm "back in the saddle," but at least I'm looking at horses.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Ah, yes, that makes perfect sense. I have friends who are both Greek & Russian Orthodox, so I should've thought of that. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

We are all adults here. Comments are welcome, but they are also moderated because there has been a marked increase in spam, trolling, and generally snarky and nasty comments being submitted. Different opinions are welcome when expressed maturely; rude comments and links will not be published.

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....