It's Saturday!

Admittedly, that's a lame post title, but I'm not feeling very witty at the moment.  It's just too early!  And for the moment, this will be just a brief post.

I frequently re-read my blogs.  In many ways, this is like a journal for me, albeit a very public one.  Some friends know I'm not posting everything on this site, but for me what I do post is enough to help me remember where I was emotionally and mentally when I was writing.  Re-reading helps me maintain a more appropriate perspective on the whole situation, a sort of seeing the whole forest when each post is an individual tree.

In my last post, I commented how P and I don't seem to have "normal" text conversations any more.  That actually changed yesterday.  I reached out to him seeking professional input.  Although it was "after hours" for most of the business world, chances are good he was still at work (not that being at work has prevented him from sending a suggestive text).  Our conversation stayed on topic, he had pretty good input for me on a situation I'm dealing with at work, and it showed (at least to me) that we just might not be 100% about the physical.

In my typical propensity for over-analyzing, I take this ultimately as a positive sign.

Now we come to today's events.  This afternoon I have my coffee date with K.  Yesterday I went on a little "retail therapy" run; one of the side effects of losing weight means you shrink out of your clothes and they have to be replaced.  Plus, having a cute new outfit or part of an outfit helps me get excited about an event.  I express myself through my appearance way too much, I know this.  I scored 3 dresses and 2 tops for $71.  And here is my mental run-down on them.

Two of the dresses are really for work.  One will also double as a "nice date" dress.  The third dress is more casual; with a cami under it I could wear it for school, and without the cami it is sexy enough for a casual/semi-casual date, being a pretty low-cut maxi dress.  Yet my instincts have led to my decision to not wear it today because I don't want to appear that sexy for K.  If I was going to coffee with P, absolutely.

This subconscious decision is speaking volumes to me.

The two tops are... well, they're tops.  Purchased to be worn in a variety of settings, with no specific use in mind.  These aren't strictly business blouses or super flirty, "let's go to a party" tops.  I can wear them in most any situation.  One of them, along with jeans and a little sweater, will be worn today on the coffee date.

Why am I even going on this date?  I don't really want to go, I'm being completely honest.  I know I shouldn't be putting all my eggs in P's basket, but I'm just not attracted to K.  Maybe this will change once we meet, I don't know.  I do think it's interesting that he came on so so so strong at first, and once we confirmed the date, I haven't heard a peep from him.  Not even (yet) a, "hey, are we still on for today?" kind of message.

Hmmm.  We shall see.  As always, I'll post after our coffee date.  Stay tuned, my friends... and, unlike me at certain times, keep it classy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....