I Think I Need an Assistant

Okay, not really.  Maybe a spreadsheet or something to keep the gentlemen straight is what I really need.

"Oh, really?" you say.

"Hey, I can be a scatterbrained soprano," is my excuse.

So here's the current list and updates -- or, in one case, introduction -- to the various bachelors.

Bachelor #8, K.  This is the one who has texted, saying he'll probably call but hasn't.  45 year old analytical chemist.

Bachelor #9, SLB.  SLB stands for shorty Latino boy, since we haven't exchanged names yet.  This is the 5'4" blue collar worker.  I replied to his email last night but haven't received a reply yet.  I'm becoming less interested, but no reason to cut him off just yet.

Bachelor #10, EGS.  EGS stands for enigmatic (with a) great smile.  He didn't reply to my email, at least not yet.  But, he did go and "like" one of my pictures.  After I sent the email.  I'm not sure if he's shy or actually a creepy stalker kind of guy.

Bachelor #11, D.  This is today's new entry.  He showed up last night in my Daily Matches as "singled out just for me!"  Maybe it was my mood, but he, like most of last night's list, got a "maybe" as far as my interest level ranking.  He's 42, divorced, no kids, works in the cardiac department of a local hospital (but is not a doctor).  This morning he emailed me.

Let's talk about this email for a moment.

There is a fine line, via email to a complete stranger, between joking and coming across like a jerk.  When I first read his email, I both laughed and thought, "great.  A douche."  It started off with a bit about supposedly going to Cancun next month and he had an extra ticket... he knew he'd just barely messaged me, but he had a question..........

........would I be willing to feed his dog while he was gone?

Just kidding!  Just wanted to make you smile, blah blah blah.

Fortunately the rest of the email was much better.  And to his credit, any man who compliments my intelligence and uses the word "beautiful" instead of "hot" or "cute" is going to score positive points.  So I did reply, although it was several hours later.

I told him if he was willing to check on my cats while I was galavanting around Tahiti with another man (or was it Paris?), then I'm sure we could work out something about his dog.

Yep, I can be a smart-ass, too.

When I joined Match, and when I started this blog, I never thought I'd get into the double digits with bachelor numbers.  I never thought I'd be in different stages of communication with 4 guys at the same time.  I wasn't really convinced I'd meet someone I'd want to date.  Sure, I tried to go into the whole thing open-minded, but once a fat girl with low self-esteem... the fat may change but the self-esteem has deeper scars to heal.  A lifetime of hearing my female friends, along with gay and married men, telling me I was beautiful doesn't make a sufficient substitute for a single, straight, attractive man saying that.  This is still new and at times disconcerting territory for me.

It will be interesting to see how these four shake out.  I'll keep y'all posted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....