The Weirdness Continues

I know I've said it before.  I'm sure I'll say it again, many times.

I just don't get men.

They are supposedly simple creatures.  According to friends, advice websites, even their own profiles, they are supposed to be pretty straight-forward.  Man sees girl he finds attractive, he makes some sort of advance.  Woman either responds positively or negatively.  Positive response, and the man continues his advances.  Negative response... and either the man goes away wounded, goes away indifferent, or still tries to make advances.  Otherwise, feed them, water them, give them a warm place to sleep, let them play, and they're good.

But apparently I live in "Bizarro World."

Here is today's update on the various bachelors, and perhaps you all can make some sense.  If so, please drop me a comment or message somewhere, somehow!

#8, K.  I texted him yesterday, and finally got a reply late this morning.  I gotta say, he's someone who sends longer text messages than I do.  Long story short (long text short?), he admitted he'd been leaving his phone in his truck, no good excuse, not just me, been incommunicado from lots of people, but he "really does want to connect with [me]."  This ball is squarely in his court.  I haven't replied to that message, because I'm not sure it really needs one.  At least, not yet.

#9, SLB.  No reply to the email.  No skin off my back, in all honesty.

#10, EGS.  The return of the creeper.  I got a notification that he "liked" one of my photos.  At first, I thought this was Match being glitchy and sending me the same notification again from several days ago.  Nope.  He'd been back on my profile and liked 5 -- yes, 5 -- of my photos, bringing his grand total to photos of me he likes to 6.  But, still no response to email.  I sent another one saying, "Hey there enigmatic guy with the great smile... I'm flattered you like several of my photos, I'm interested in chatting..." etc.  No response yet.  This situation is just... weird.

#11, D.  Still no response to my original email, so I sent another one saying, in short, I hoped I hadn't offended him, if I had could I make it up to him, and to be direct (something he requests on his profile) I am very intrigued by him, want to get to know him more, and maybe even meet him this weekend or next week. And if he didn't want to pursue any further communication, all I asked was that he tell me that.  We'll see if I get a response to that, but I'm not terribly optimistic.  Yet another case study of confusion for me -- coming on super strong in the original email but then waning considerably.  Or maybe he's been super busy.  Who knows.

#12, J.  I totally understand being shy, and he's very upfront about his being shy.  But ultimately passive guys I'm not all that attracted to, and for me there's a difference between shy and passive.  We've exchanged semi-lengthy emails, he's given me his last name "in case I want to run a background check on him" but no phone number, no request for a date beyond the incredibly passive "I think you owe me a drink" commentary -- which now he's content with the "bonus points" because he's not much of a drinker anyway.  Whatever.

Hovering in the background during all of this is the bizarre specter of P, too.  Those little things that make me think of him, remind me of him, keep cropping up like an ulcer.  I was setting up a customized ring tone for one of my contacts, and while perusing my options on my phone I tapped the one that I had assigned to him.  Just hearing it gave me a little adrenaline rush of happiness and anticipation, followed by sadness when reality set in.

I really want to get past this.  The further away from that... relationship?... I get, the more realistic perspective I am getting.  All in all, he treated me really lousy.  It was always about him, and I was a conquest.  He'd string me along just enough to keep me in bed.  As I've read and stated, girls fall for the wrong guy because the wrong guy usually says all the right things.

Meanwhile, I am in various stages of interest & chatting with 5 guys (no, not the burger chain) and yet this weekend will be hanging out alone.  Given how crazy last weekend was, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but I want to be out on a date.  Even a mediocre or bad one.

Such is life in the crazy world of singledom and online dating!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....