Teeth?

After going through my "Daily Matches" today, I noticed an unusual trend in profiles.  Three in a row -- three! -- all made a point of saying that they "had all their teeth."

I didn't realize this was such an important point these days.  Apparently I'm out of it.

Seriously.  One guy mentioned it in his profile and in a photo caption.  Another prefaced it by saying, "and just to answer the question, yes, I have all my teeth."  The third said, "No, I don't have all my teeth but dentists can work miracles."

Based on mutual search criteria, we are all middle-class, middle-aged people living in a large metropolitan area with more than reasonable access to health and dental care.  We live in a first world country.  In the hundreds of profiles I've been through already, I can't remember a single one that didn't have all their teeth.

But apparently, at least among a group of women on Match, having all of one's teeth is a big deal.  Big enough where multiple guys felt the need to specifically mention it in their profiles.

Ok-ay.

In other news, I've received no reply to my email reply to Bachelor #8.  Odd, but such is dating.  He could've been busy, some other truly legitimate reason.  Or, he didn't necessarily care for my reply.  Whatever.  I'm gradually building a thicker and thicker skin.

And to reiterate a point I made way back when I started this blog: men who are currently wounded probably should not be doing the online dating thing.  Today I was sent a profile whose screen name included the word "broken" and his profile made no bones about being burned in a previous relationship.  The whole thing just oozed pain and bitterness.  He is clearly not ready to be back out on the market, but no one close to him has told him that.  Sad, sad, sad.

Yay.  Dating in 2012.  Gotta love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....