Well...

Here's the latest update... because, as we know, when I get back to seriously being active on Match, I tend to blog obsessively for a few days, and then I quiet down until I get a wink or email from someone I'm actually reciprocally interested in.

1. P.  Haven't heard back at all.  Screw him.  (Figuratively.)  

2. The hot doc.  Also haven't heard back from him, which I think is a little weird.  According to Match, he's been active within the time I've sent the email, but then again, as I've said, it'll say you're online if you most recently checked from your phone's web browser and have simply closed that without changing pages.  But why do I think it's weird?  Because he "favorited" my profile.  So, yeah, I think it odd that if the roles were reversed -- if I got a message from someone I'd "favorited" -- I'd be somewhat happy or at least respond.  Whatever.

3. The hot pilot.  Yet another I haven't heard from.  He's listed as "online now!" but I suspect that's Match being goofy.  Again, I remind you that I'm batting .000 on men whom I've emailed first.

4. I did get an email from another gentleman, who would like to talk.  How I ended up in his matches is quite the mystery; he's looking for someone within 100 miles of where he lives.  Which happens to be NORTH CAROLINA.  I don't know of any map that would put any part of KC within 100 miles of NC.  Frankly, I don't find enough appealing in his profile to take that any further than my one reply of "thank you."  (He emailed to compliment my smile.)

5. I've emailed a couple other guys, one who I'm semi-seriously interested in, another simply because I legitimately found his profile entertaining.  That could be one of those "chemistry developing over time" kind of things, but I doubt it.  I could be wrong, too.

6. I've been "favorited" by another guy.  I have to admit, though... the semi-literate profile combined with the creepy mustache does not make me want to hit the "email him now!" button.

Time for me to be patient once again.  It hasn't even been all of 24 hours since I "officially" ended things with P.  It's not like I'm going to just head on down to the local store and pick up another date for Friday night.  (Or maybe I will... do I need anything at the store?)  Going back to when I first started on Match, I had the three guys I was juggling, which resulted in two mediocre dates, and then I went away for a while.  I heard from a few guys but either I didn't respond or it didn't go anywhere, and I wasn't really out "shopping" on Match until I "met" P.

And in the meantime, I'm once again -- or, I should probably say, I continue to be -- really blessed by my friends.  They have been bolstering my self-esteem like nothing else.  While this isn't the blog where I've discussed my weight loss, to have a friend whose views on body type I trust say that in her opinion I should list myself as "about average" instead of "curvy" or "a few extra pounds" brought more sunshine to my soul than many other things recently.  Matching that up with friends reminding me that I'm a "smart, beautiful woman" among other things just reiterates that I'm worthy of a man who can handle that.

And if this doesn't work out, the nun on the staff at school thinks I'd make a fantastic sister.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Even Bach Had His Mondays - Part 1

Two and Done (Late Post)

It's Getting Cloooooser....